Niton Recreation Ground
Following Government regulations and guidance, we have worked hard to open the Recreation Ground safely tomorrow (4th July).
We want everyone to enjoy our beautiful Recreation Ground safely, so we ask everyone to follow Government advice by
- Cleaning equipment before and after use, particularly where there are clear touch points such as swing rockers, see saws or metal bars
- Using hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean hands during play
- Washing/sanitising hands for 20 seconds using soap and water or approved gel and foam sanitiser at the beginning and end of play
- Not touching your face, and coughing or sneezing into a tissue or arm when a tissue is not available
- Not putting your mouth on equipment, or your hands in your mouth
- Practising social distancing of 2 metres whenever possible
We also ask that you would kindly
- Not bring food or drink into the Rec
- Go home if you need the toilet
- Put your rubbish in the litter bin or take it home with you
- Follow Skateboard England advice if you are using the half pipe
- Consider our neighbours, who may be self-shielding
If you are intending to wear a face covering, you should be aware that these may pose an additional safety risk when using play equipment and should not in any case be worn by children under 3 years of age.
We have been advised that the cableway is in need of specialist inspection so, as a precaution, the equipment has been withdrawn from use while we consult with the manufacturer.
You will notice that some swings have also been removed from use. This is to support social distancing.
Please use the facilities responsibly. Have fun, stay safe 😊