Extra Support from Southern Water and SSEN
Southern Water has asked us to let you know they offer help with bills and services for customers who need a little additional support.
They have a number of ways in which they can help with water bills:
- You may qualify for a minimum 20% discount if your household income is less that £16,105 per annum (not including Personal Independence Allowance, Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance)
- If someone at your address receives Pension Credit, you’ll automatically be accepted onto the tariff and receive a 20% discount
- Could look to cap your metered water bill if you have to use additional water usage due to a medical condition, or there are three or more children under the age of 19 years old living at home
- A payment matching scheme to help you pay off your Southern Water debt
- Jobcentre Plus may consider paying amounts directly from your benefits on your behalf
Southern Water and SSEN (Scottish and Southern Electricity Network) also register customers for priority services; for instance, extra support if you, or someone in your household:
- Are at a pensionable age with additional needs such as limited mobility
- Have a disability or chronic illness
- Have mental health challenges
- Have a medical condition that means you need additional help (whether long or short term)
- Have difficulty seeing, hearing or communicating
- Require assistance with your water account or want a little extra security in protecting your account
More information is available in this short video.
www.ssen.co.uk/priorityservices or call 0800 294 3259 (textphone 0800 316 5457).
Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Clerk on 730806 if you would like a printed leaflet.